CNC Machine Operator
Posted: 09/08/2017 Position Type: PT, FT, FLEX Shift: Day/Swing Salary: DOE
Under general supervision, the CNC Machine Operator performs essential duties to ensure that parts are machined to the specifications detailed on the engineering prints and other related documents. Candidate may also work closely with the Engineering and Assembly to provide inprocess trouble-shooting and evaluate the quality of the machined components or finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence and dimensions. Reads complex blueprints, bill of materials, and other specifications to determine product requirements.
* Selects fixtures, part holding, and tooling to machine parts as necessary
* Confirms conformance of finished work to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary
* Identifies workmanship and material defects and deficiencies and initiates program changes when required.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- Machinist program completed
- 1-3 years experience
- Read blueprint
- Experience programming a Haas Mill and Mazak Lathe
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures
• Frequently required to stand and walk
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
• Ability to repetitively stoop, kneel, or crouch
• Occasionally required to sit.
• Must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.